Represents more than 1000 catering managers and suppliers, providing more than 3 million lunches in 22,000 schools every day
Green Gourmet and LACA
Green Gourmet demonstrates its commitment to the organisation in a number of ways:
- In 2016, Green Gourmet celebrated 10 years as a Partner Members of LACA
- Attending the annual conference and exhibition with a prominent exhibition stand, always coming the event with fresh ideas for school caterers
- Green Gourmet are active members at regional level, regularly attending meetings in support of our customers across the UK
- Our national account manager Paul Williams has served as the Secretary of the Welsh Region for 9 years and has been responsible for putting on the regions’ very successful Gala Awards dinner for a number of year
- Green Gourmet has been selected as the Outstanding Supplier of the Year in 2004 and were finalists in 2014 and 2016
Lead Association in Catering in Education (known as LACA)
Founded in 1989, LACA’s mission is “Together, we achieve excellence in school food. It sets out to inform, develop, represent and support its national membership base through a range of initiatives and services. The organisation draws on the strengths of its membership nationally, and is managed through its members on a voluntary basis.
There is a continuing need for all involved in the industry to work together to maintain high standards in the school catering service, and thus make a major contribution to the health of future generations.
- Represents more than 1000 catering managers and suppliers, providing more than 3 million lunches in 22,000 schools every day
- Lobbies at national government level on behalf of the school catering industry on matters that affect the industry
- Is represented on the School Food Plan Alliance, which is a panel of experts that champion the School Food Plan’s vision now that government funding has ended. Chair of LACA, Peter McGrath is the organisation’s current representative on the panel
- Runs the nationwide School Chef of the Year competition, the National School Meals Week campaign and the School Catering Workforce Development initiative