The Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) is an international non-profit organisation established to address the problem of unsustainable fishing and safeguard seafood supplies for the future.
What is the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC)
The MSC is an international non-profit organisation established to address the problem of unsustainable fishing and safeguard seafood supplies for the future. Their vision is for the world’s oceans to be teeming with life – today, tomorrow and for generations to come. A sustainable seafood market is crucial to making this vision a reality.
- Using their fisheries certification and seafood labelling program, the MSC works with partners like Green Gourmet to promote sustainable fishing and transform markets.
- The MSC’s certification and eco-labelling program enables everybody to play a part in securing a healthy future for our oceans.
- The MSC brand has strong recall among education caterers. The Soil Association’s Food for Life Catering Mark recognises its value and awards points for its Gold level award to those caterers that serve fish certified to the MSC environmental standard.
Why buy Green Gourmet and the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) certified Fish?
Green Gourmet was one of the very first suppliers to the UK school meals industry to achieve an MSC license:
- Green Gourmet has maintained its license for over 11 years
- Green Gourmet has many fish products that are certified to the MSC environmental standard
- A strong advocate of the MSC brand, you will find fish products in our Choice for Life range brochure and on each MSC product flyer.
In the travel catering market, the two leading global award schemes are the Mercury Awards and the OnBoard Hospitality awards.
- The former of the two has been won twice by Green Gourmet in 2011 and 2014, for product innovation.
- The most recent of these being the first pre-packed portion of cod and chips that is served on board an airline.
- When it flew on British Airways planes in the summer of 2014, it was also first time an airline had served a branded fish product that is certified by the Marine Stewardship Council, as being from a sustainable and well-managed source.
- Are you looking for ideas for MSC healthy seasonal recipes?
- Are you trying to find certified food products to help you manage budgets, stock levels and menu planning?
- Would you like to achieve your Food For Life Catering Award Bronze, Silver or Gold?
- Would you like to order some samples or if you want to become a supplier, please contact us on email@example.com