Prepare this easy lasagne ahead of time and save in the freezer, uncooked, for when you need it during a busy week. Then just bake for an extra 45 mins
Preparation: 20 mins
Cooking time: 1 hour 40 mins
- 2 tbsp., plus a little for the dish
- 750g lean beef mince OR Green Gourmet organic beef mince
- 90g pack prosciutto
- half quantity of our tomato sauce, or 800g passata
- 200ml hot beef stock
- a little grated nutmeg
- 300g pack fresh lasagne sheets
- half quantity of our white sauce, or 520g ready-made sauce
- 125g ball mozzarella, torn into thin strips
- To make the meat sauce, heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the beef in two batches for about 10 mins until browned all over. Finely chop 4 slices of prosciutto, then stir through the meat mixture.
- Pour over our basic tomato sauce and stock, add the nutmeg, then season. Bring up to the boil, then simmer for 30 mins until the sauce looks rich.
- Heat oven to 180C/fan/160C/gas 4. Lightly oil an ovenproof dish (about 30 x 20cm). Spoon one third of the meat sauce into the dish, then cover with lasagne sheets. Drizzle over about one quarter of our classic white sauce.
- Repeat until you have 3 layers of pasta. Cover with the remaining white sauce, making sure you can’t see any pasta poking through.
- Scatter the mozzarella over the top. Arrange the rest of the prosciutto on top. Bake for 45 mins until the top is bubbling and lightly browned.
Source BBC Goodfood